10 Ways to Use Rotisserie Chicken for Easy Dinners
As a busy mom I am always looking for easy ways to cook healthy meals for our family. The Crock Pot and Instant Pot have become two of my best friends. I have also learned the versatility of a store bought rotisserie chicken! Sometimes when I’m in a pinch for a protein, I will go pick up a chicken at the store for dinner. Most times we will eat the chicken as is and I will repurpose the leftovers in another meal. There are other times where I will buy the chicken for the sole purpose of using it in a recipe to make things easy on myself. I have found a multitude of ways to use rotisserie chicken in recipes, stay tuned for future posts with those recipes! Here are 10 ways to use rotisserie chicken for easy dinners:
- Chicken Salad – This is a go-to in our house for a tasty sandwich or to add to lettuce for a salad. Chicken salad is one of those things that you can customize any recipe to make it your own!
- Stir Fry – Grab your skillet and add chicken, sauce, and whatever ingredients you have on hand to a quick stir fry! I have done stir fry with tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, and Asian sauces. Be creative!
- Tacos and Mexican Dishes – Buy a rotisserie chicken and toppings for a quick and easy taco night! You can also make other Mexican dishes like enchiladas with rotisserie chicken.
- Chicken Burgers/Nuggets – Make your own patties with very finely shredded chicken! You can form your seasoned patty blend into a larger burger to sear on the grill or into small nuggets for kids of all ages to enjoy!
- Sandwiches and Wrap – Great for a healthy lunch option! Shred or add large pieces to other sandwich ingredients and enjoy!
- Casseroles – Growing up, my mom made a chicken casserole that was my FAVORITE! In a pinch, you could use rotisserie chicken in any casserole recipe. Or just like with stir fry, make up your own concoction!
- Salads – Rotisserie chicken adds a great seasoned protein to any salad! Pair it with your favorite toppings and lettuce, then you’re good to go!
- Pizza Toppings – Have pizza night and make personal pizzas for each person. Use rotisserie chicken as a topping option. Pair with barbecue sauce for bbq chicken pizza! Add pineapple and ham for a unique twist on Hawaiian pizza.
- Pulled Chicken – Pull the chicken apart and mix with your favorite barbecue sauce. You can eat plain or add to a bun.
- Soup and Bone Broth – You can shred or chunk the chicken for a chicken noodle soup or chicken tortilla soup. Save the bones to make your own healthy, immune boosting bone broth!
Are there any other ways that you use rotisserie chicken? I’d love to hear them! Please share in the comments below!